Recently, I came across a Wolfram Math World
article, which was about slightly deficient numbers.
These were numbers whose factors added up to one
less than the number itself. For example:-
32's factors --> 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 --> 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 = 31 = 32 - 1
So, 32 is slightly deficient.
The Wolfram Math World article stated that it was
an unproven conjecture that all powers of 2 were
slightly deficient. I decided to attempt a proof.
I believe that I have succeeded, because I could not
find any errors in the proof. However, if I have made
a mistake, then please leave a comment saying so.
If the image, which was originally in pdf form, is too
hard to read, then I will change it. Please leave a comment
saying so, if this is the case. Thank you.
The proof is below.
article, which was about slightly deficient numbers.
These were numbers whose factors added up to one
less than the number itself. For example:-
32's factors --> 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 --> 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 = 31 = 32 - 1
So, 32 is slightly deficient.
The Wolfram Math World article stated that it was
an unproven conjecture that all powers of 2 were
slightly deficient. I decided to attempt a proof.
I believe that I have succeeded, because I could not
find any errors in the proof. However, if I have made
a mistake, then please leave a comment saying so.
If the image, which was originally in pdf form, is too
hard to read, then I will change it. Please leave a comment
saying so, if this is the case. Thank you.
The proof is below.

Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food likewise, Thanks.
ReplyDeletepythagorean identity