In my post, Pythagoras' theorem, I
wrote about how following an
algorithm, you could generate a number
of Pythagorean triples.
I had put the process into a word-
algorithm, but I forgot to put it in an
algebraic form. I have put that in this post.
Let's say your original number was a,
which has to be odd.
Your first number becomes: a
Your second number becomes: ( a2-1 ) / 2
Your third number becomes: ( a2-1 ) / 2 + 1
These three numbers, if you call them a, b and c,
will satisfy the equation a2 + b2 = c2.
You can prove this algebraically, and I'll show
you how in a later post.
wrote about how following an
algorithm, you could generate a number
of Pythagorean triples.
I had put the process into a word-
algorithm, but I forgot to put it in an
algebraic form. I have put that in this post.
Let's say your original number was a,
which has to be odd.
Your first number becomes: a
Your second number becomes: ( a2-1 ) / 2
Your third number becomes: ( a2-1 ) / 2 + 1
These three numbers, if you call them a, b and c,
will satisfy the equation a2 + b2 = c2.
You can prove this algebraically, and I'll show
you how in a later post.
No comments:
Post a Comment