TRANSLATE

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Rubik's Cube's properties #2

In the last post, I examined the number
of times a set of moves would loop back 
on itself, on a 2x2x2 Rubik's Cube.What 
this means, is that if I take a solved Rubik's 
Cube, and I do a particular set of moves on 
it, then that set of moves' Cube-Length was 
defined as the number of times you would 
have to do that set of moves until the Rubik's 
Cube goes back to its original form. So I took 
a number of random set of moves, and I tried it
out on a 2x2x2 Cube, and I got the results. 

In this post, I'm going to use a particular set of
moves, which you need in order to actually
solve the Cube. 

The results are those done on a 2x2x2 cube, not 
a 3x3x3 Cube.

Algorithm                                                                                                     Cube-Length 

U, R, U', R', U', F', U, F (The Second-Layer algorithm.)                                    4 (Times to loop back)

F, R, U, R', U', F' (The 'Cross' algorithm.)                                                           6 

U, R, U', L', U, R', U', L (The corner-position algorithm.)                                   3

R', D', R, D                                                                                                           6 


As clearly seen here, the length of the algorithm has 
nothing to do with its Cube-Length. It's only the level of 
complexity, or simplicity that matters. Here, the latter 
makes the Cube-Length go up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment